Vets4Pets in Adelaide, SA, have a fantastic reputation in the Adelaide community for providing round-the-clock veterinary emergency and animal hospital services, vaccinations, pet insurance, training and wellness care for pets and their owners.
We are growing as a business and as such are looking to bring on a Roaming Veterinarian on a permanent basis to provide support to clinics. The role will be similar to that of a locum, to cover annual leave, sick leave or during busy periods however this is an amazing opportunity to have the variety of a roaming role but with the security and benefits of permanent employment.
Every Vets4Pets local practice offers professional facilities, modern equipment and highly trained vets who love animals. We have 8 clinics in the region including Golden Grove Veterinary Hospital which is South Australia's only 24hr VSBSA accredited hospital. Located close to Adelaide city, beautiful beaches, the Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills wine regions, many good cafes and restaurants as well as recreation parks. Our clinics continue to expand the range of care provided for patients. Our patient base is made up of 99% dogs/cats and the occasional exotic.
As a permanent Roaming Veterinarian you will benefit from:
- 8 clinics with a family of Veterinarian colleagues with experience ranging from 1 to 20+ years’ experience.
- Professional interests within the practices include canine and feline internal medicine, exotic and pocket pet medicine and surgery, oncology, emergency medicine, diagnostic imaging, neurology, orthopaedic surgery, dentistry, and behaviour therapy.
- Access to refer internally to our other practices for services including oncology and rehabilitation services.
- A team of very competent and highly skilled Qualified Veterinary Nurses across each location
- Smart Flow integrated with RxWorks software
- Access to all necessary equipment and facilities
We have one 24/7 clinic at Golden Grove, however in our other clinics usual hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 9am – 7pm
- Saturday: 9am – 1pm
- You are an established Vet with 2-5yrs small animal experience.
- You are excited to take on the role of delivering high-end healthcare in an environment of collaboration and excellence.
- You are keen to improve your skills under the mentorship of senior colleagues.
- You are an exceptional team player, working alongside and supporting your colleagues.
- You want the variety of working across multiple clinics and enjoy working with different people and creating strong relationships with both colleagues and clients
- Our Vets work a 38 hour week, including at least one day off per week and two 6hr weekend shifts per fortnight (most vets work 1 in 3 weekends or 1 weekend per month).
- Part time hours will be considered although ideally this role will be full time due to the nature of the roaming role
- Some on-call shifts will be required at Golden Grove however this is likely to be no more than 10 night per year
- After hours work attracts bonus payments commensurate with professional work done.
- Annual leave allowance is four weeks, plus one week of study leave per year.
You will enjoy the challenge of a wide and varied caseload which includes consulting, day surgery and hospitalised patient care every day, and will help direct a team of dedicated nurses to maintain our excellent standards. Our clients will appreciate your warmth and empathy, as you build trust and enable them to make well-informed decisions about the care of their pets. You are well organised and will keep up with your lab results and other paperwork efficiently.
We will reward your ability, expertise and progress with a generous salary which reflects your achievements and work. Biannual professional development planning meetings ensure we keep this updated. You will also receive membership to VIN, VetEducation webinars, and an employee assistance program helps you thrive professionally and personally in this new role.
We are happy to consider applications from inter-state and overseas Veterinarians and sponsorship is available through VetPartners Australia for eligible applicants.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or contact Lauren on +61415978686 Apply Now - or - Apply with Indeed