We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Rails engineer to join our team on a 6-month contract basis, after which time we may make you a full time offer to join permanently.
You will be based at Innovation Central Perth. You will work closely with our global product and engineering teams to rapidly add new functionality, solve complex problems, and ship quality code focused on the new and evolving paradigm of remote education and the safe reopening of university campuses.
We're looking for someone who thrives when faced with complex problems, and likes to think outside the box.
- 3+ years of experience in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining Ruby on Rails systems
- Solid understanding of database system characteristics, particularly in PostgreSQL
- Able to write well-structured, modular and maintainable code
- Acquired intuition and instinct in solving problems after analyzing multiple solutions
- Eager to learn new things, both technical and business-related.
- Passionate about building products to solve real problems, not merely "coding"
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented
- programming, MVC programming, and concurrent programming
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Deep understanding of front end technologies
- Hands on knowledge of React.js
- An understanding of agile methodology and tools like Jira
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Involvement in projects utilizing API-driven AI services