Sedgman Pty Limited is a market leader in the design, construction and operation of mineral processing plants for the global resources sector. Our specialised technical expertise, proven track record in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) delivery and our advanced commercial capabilities enable us to provide complete solutions which are valued by our clients. Sedgman Pty Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of CIMIC Group Limited (ASX:CIM) – one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
Setting the standard in terms of safety, innovation, technical capability and project delivery we are able to offer outstanding career opportunities with offices throughout Australia and internationally in Chile, Canada, China and South Africa. The expertise and enthusiasm of our people and professional, friendly atmosphere is paramount to our continued success.
To support our mission we are currently seeking an experienced Principal Process Engineer with a background in base metals (Copper, Lead and Zinc) to join our team in Perth.
What does this role involve?
- Support Project Development activities through the concept setting and review process.
- Inform and communicate with existing and potential clients and liaise with the Project Development team to ensure client needs are met.
- Networking through the industry to ensure existing contacts are maintained and new contacts are made as the industry changes.
- Liaise with management to review design problems or assist in client negotiations.
- Lead and guide a design team for a designated project to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and profit objectives.
- Supervise the preparation of feasibility studies, surveys and reports, design layouts, circuit block or system diagrams, specifications, bills of quantities, materials lists and cost estimates.
- Contribute directly to the resolution of technically difficult design problems.
What are we looking for in our future team member?
- Bachelor of Engineering (Process, Chemical or Metallurgy)
- Registered as a Chartered or Professional Engineer will be highly regarded; however, not essential
- At least 15 years Process, Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering experience with Copper, Lead and Zinc expertise
- Prior experience in a client facing role with proven experience in delivering EPC projects on time and within budgets
- Communication and leadership skills combined with the ability to provide advanced technical solutions and problem solve are essential to the role
Desirable: Masters or doctorate in Minerals Processing and Published author in the technical field
What’s on offer
- Excellent opportunity to support project development by leading high value technical solutions through showcasing your expertise in Copper, Lead, Zinc.
- Global business where you will lead and manage full spectrum EPC projects, from concept through to commissioning and operations
- Ongoing support and mentoring, with a focus on learning and development
- Dynamic team environment, with flexible working arrangements on offer
How to join our team:
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply by following this link.