The next career move you make
might just be the one that
changes your life… Don’t wait any longer and discover
what’s in store for you below. Manager Risk and Compliance
Job Reference ID
General Job Description
Are you a Compliance and Risk Professional ready to add immense value to a start-up business?
- Experienced Compliance or Risk Professional, ideally with previous experience in the energy retail sector
- Retail Electricity business looking to disrupt the sector
- Based in Sydney
Full Job Description
A unique opportunity to join a global leader in energy & renewables that is making its entry into the Australian energy market. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer this role will focus on establishing robust and best practice compliance monitoring and reporting systems and will chair the Compliance and Risk Management Committee.
As the Risk and Compliance Manager, your main focus will be to chair the Risk Management Committee, conduct risk assessments report, set up policies and update frameworks and applications and identify compliance risks and implement appropriate controls, while leading and training the Risk and Compliance team.
- Establish robust and best practice compliance monitoring and reporting systems, and processes and complementary organisational training.
- Prepare and provide regular updates and reporting as required under the Risk and Compliance Frameworks, particularly those supporting the Risk Management Committee to make timely, effective and informed decisions.
- Manage external compliance reporting requirements.
- Manage organisational compliance and risk training and maintain training registers.
- Explore new technologies and process to support effective and efficient compliance and risk management, including obligations monitoring, operational compliance monitoring and reporting and organisational training.
- Implement measures that support and promote a positive and engaging compliance and risk focused organisational culture.
- Chair the Compliance Management Committee
- Degree or post graduate qualifications in legal, economics, commerce finance or equivalent qualification or experience
- At least 5 years of relevant compliance or risk experience, ideally in the retail energy sector
- Experience writing or managing organisational risk and/or compliance policies and systems
- Strong analytical background, a problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to run workshops and meetings
- Superior process and project management skills
- Achievement orientated – the need to attain high quality results, set personally challenging yet realistic goals and be outcome driven
We would be delighted to have a confidential discussion on the role and company with you.
Andrea Sanz Consultant – Renewable Energy and Environment
25 Burton street,