The Department requires a skilled and experienced IT Application Developer.
Skills and Experience Required:
- • Strong Application Programming/Development experience designing, developing and deploying high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed transactional applications
• Strong experience working as a full stack developer
• Expert level experience of .NET Framework, MVC, ASP.net 4.5, Web API and SQL Server 2012 including SSIS and SSRS
• Work as a senior .NET developer to develop backend web services with TFS knowledge
• Be accountable for the delivery of projects or activities involving the development and/or maintenance of computer applications in accordance with ATO standards and guidelines
• Maintain effective performance levels, own expertise and build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer
• Understand and operate within agreed quality standards and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
• Actively participate in the development lifecycle, which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting, implementation and maintenance
• Work collaboratively with team members, management and internal and external stakeholders on a range of activities
• Take the initiative to undertake problem solving and incident resolution and demonstrate an understanding of change control and release management procedures
• Provide advice and undertake more-complex activities associated with developing and/or supporting computer applications
• Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements
• Research and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
• Develop and maintain necessary levels of expertise and take responsibility for sharing knowledge with others
• Deliver maintenance and enhancements or provide knowledge to systems
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till September 2020 with 1 x 6 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 23 March.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information