Here at Petal & Pup we are absolutely passionate about all things fashion! We want everyone to be able to have the perfect outfit for every occasion. Our obsession with fashion and dedication to making every customers' shopping experience with us the highlight of their day, has seen us become one of Australia's fastest growing online fast fashion retailers.
We are experiencing a continued period of rapid growth, both locally in Australia and also Internationally. We are committed to building a global brand and currently have an exciting new opportunity available for an experienced globally minded Controller.
Our Global Controller will oversee a global team of approximately (5) finance and accounting professionals located in both the United States and Australia. Our Global Controller coaches, mentors, trains, and develops their team using a variety of tools and process to consistently improve the accounting and finance organization while ensuring the proper controls are in place to support GAAP accounting standards and the successful completion of the annual audit. In addition, this position is responsible for advocating for operational enhancements, driving team performance, and achieving operating results (i.e., timely monthly/quarterly/annual close, 13-week cash flow forecast, and general cash flow management including the negotiation or renegotiation of terms). Working collaboratively with other leaders in the business the incumbent manages annual cyclical processes, researches and resolves complex accounting situations, analyses data, identifies trends, sets priorities, and provides feedback and recommendations to brand and platform leadership. Some international travel may be required.
This Role is Responsible For:
- Leading and managing the day-to-day operations of our global accounting and finance team.
- Leading, improving, and delivering a timely monthly/quarterly/annual close process.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts to provide relevant and timely financial information to key stakeholders.
- Overseeing transaction-processing operations to ensure correct coding and allocations.
- Reconciling sales and refunds from the E-commerce platform.
- Reviewing weekly margin, sales, and stock reporting
- Analyzing variances to budgets/forecasts and provide commentary.
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with maintaining GAAP standards, completing tax returns, and statutory reporting.
- Daily oversight and control of cash, cash flow, inventory, and assets.
- Identifying process improvements to provide efficiencies, particularity in relation to the ERP. (i.e., NetSuite)
- Other ad hoc financial analysis as requested by the Global CFO, brand leadership, or platform leadership.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Two (2) to four (4) years of previous experience as a Controller in a global multi-million dollar enterprise.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of directly relevant supervisory experience (as a Controller, Director of Accounting, Accounting Manager, or Similar).
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of previous accounting experience (preferably in a growth oriented company).
- Experience leading teams of five (5) to (10) people with accountability for their performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; additional relevant work experience can be substituted for an earned degree.
- CPA Preferred (or a willingness to earn with twelve (12) months of starting with the brand)
- Experience with retail, consumer-packaged-goods (CPG), and/or ecommerce businesses high-desired.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and international accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite (or similar accounting/ERP software).
- Experience with Glew.io or other Business Intelligence or visualization tool.
- Strong attention to detail and a process-oriented mindset.
- Ability and desire to work in a high-growth, fluid work environment.
CPA Requirement - We require that any successful candidate for the position will either have or be willing to earn their CPA designation within twelve (12) months of starting. To assist in either maintaining or earning your CPA designation, Petal & Pup is willing to provide financial assistance towards classes, testing costs, and/or recertification programs. Additionally details will be provided to a successful candidate at the time of offer.
What we offer:
The opportunity to be part of a winning team.
The potential to further your career aspirations.
Regular team events & engagement activities to promote teamwork and socialization.
A generous staff discount plan.
If you love fashion and you are motivated to excel, we'd love to hear from you.