Do you want to work for a Top 50 ASX listed business that is transforming the property market of Australia? At GPT we are passionate about creating spaces that go beyond the expectations of our investors, customers and communities. We create value through our focus on strategic investment and management of high quality shopping centres, office towers, logistics centres and business parks and proudly own a number of prime assets across Australia.
The role of the Director, Risk & Audit is to manage the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Risk Management Framework and the Audit Program, ensuring that the Risk and Internal Audit functions are managed and monitored in a rigorous manner, striving for ?best practice?. This role is the manager of a small team of risk and audit professionals whose responsibilities include ensuring emerging risks are identified and adequate business processes and controls are in place to address those risks.
The principal tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
Audit and assurance
Oversee delivery of the Internal Audit program for the GPT Group including managing:
- Scoping and planning of audits
- Completion of fieldwork, including travel for site and asset visits
- The preparation and delivery of reports to the GPT Audit Committee and the GPT Funds Management Audit, Compliance and Risk Management Committee on audits, site visits and trends
Manage the delivery of the Risk program for the GPT Group including:
- Scoping and planning risk assessments
- Facilitating risk assessment workshops
- Coaching and advising the business to support ownership of key risks and controls for their function
- Identify and rate key risks for a function
- Identify opportunities to add value to the business by enhancing risk management and internal controls
Reporting and Governance
Assist with the delivery of Board and management reports including:
- The submission of reports to the Leadership Team, various Group Boards and Audit and Risk Management Committees on the results and progress of the Internal Audit and Risk programs and other issues identified
- Present report content to the LT, Committees etc
- Annual review and update of all policies related to risk and audit
Projects and other responsibilities
- Sign off transaction deal paper reviews prior to submission to the Investment Committee and attendance at PCGs and DDCs
- Other assurance reviews e.g. GS007 and Operational Due Diligence reporting
- Involvement in Corporate Business Continuity and Crisis Management
Experience, Qualifications & Key Capabilities
- Top tier audit and/or risk consulting background with at least 10 years of experience
- Demonstrated strategic risk management skills
- Senior stakeholder engagement experience
- Internal audit/controls experience preferred
- Experience acquired in an industry which has tangible operational risk issues preferred (eg. property and construction, retail/ consumer goods, financial services, mining or utilities)
What makes us stand out
- Awarded Employer of Choice 2018/19
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Broad spectrum of diverse and challenging career opportunities available across the organisation
- Investment in your personal development and future career aspirations
- Flexible work options available to all GPT employees
- Competitive remuneration packages and employee benefits
We recognise that providing our people with flexible working options improves our performance, supports wellbeing and improves our lives outside of work. Our mobile workplace technologies and activity based work environments make working at GPT what you do, not where you do it. Explore your options to achieve flexibility including: generous paid parental leave, tailored hours and flexible scheduling, career breaks, study leave, compressed hours, remote working and leave purchase plans.
What are the next steps?
Click on ?apply? to submit your formal application online and a member of the talent team will be in touch.
Get alerts to jobs like this, to your inbox.