Not the job you're looking for? Become a member of our talent community to stay connected and be informed of any new opportunities.
We’re here to Stride. It’s an exciting time to be part of Stride. You may have noticed we’ve recently changed our name from Aftercare to Stride.
We began simply to help people find a place to live and work, now we’re leaders in early childhood intervention and working to expand our youth and adult specialist services. That’s meant our brand has evolved too.
Stride reflects our focus on the prevention and treatment of mental health conditions – building on the work we do with families and communities to roll out more evidence-based services.
Stride Kids provides a safe place, and offers support and services to children aged 0-11 years and their families and carers, focused on improving their mental health and social and emotional wellbeing.
- Based in Ipswich
- Part-time (0.6 FTE) and Permanent
- Paying on HPSS Level 3
- Plus Leave loading at 17.5%
- Plus Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Excellent training and development
- Paid parental leave
- Supportive team environment
- As part of the multidisciplinary team, the Clinician will provide focused psychological strategies tailored to meet the individual needs of the children aged 5-11 years, and families accessing services within a community setting.
- The program aims to increase access to evidence-based psychological services to reduce the impact of mental illness in children with, or at risk of complex/severe mental health conditions.
- The role involves the provision of focused psychological strategies consistent with the Aftercare services model of care.
The overall aims of interventions within the program are to:
- Reduce the duration of symptoms and improve recovery outcomes for individuals
- Enable both symptomatic and functional recovery from mental illness
- Must have one of the following: Full AHPRA registration as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist OR AASW registration as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Must be eligible to provide services under MBS
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate individualised psychosocial interventions to meet the needs of children and families with a mental illness based on a case formulation approach
- Demonstrated experience in clinical practice within the mental health field, with children aged 5-11 years and families experiencing or at risk of complex mental health needs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment and evidence-based psychological interventions, within a stress-vulnerability and recovery framework
- Advanced computer literacy - Microsoft Office Suite, Mastercare, other Client Management Systems (CMS) and understanding IT networking and systems
- Awareness of relevant legislation/policies and issues informing health and other services for people experiencing mental illness.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt, with a final closing date for applications on June 14th 2020